Monday, January 26, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks: Sad Girl and Pure Holywood

Anastasia Beverly Hills just launched her liquid lipsticks line.  Lipsticks are advertised to be full-coverage, matte and long wearing. I was waiting patiently to the day they started selling them online and purchased 2 shades to test: one nude (Pure Hollywood) and one bold (Sad Girl). While Pure Hollywood is such a beauty, Sad Girl left me with mixed feelings:
Sad girl
 
Pure Hollywood
Colors are beautiful.
Sad girl is to die for (especially for fair skin tones due to awesome contrast). I put it on without any other makeup on the face and it immediately dressed up my face.

Pure Hollywood kind of washes out on a pale background, but framed with a darker lip-liner creates beautiful nude lips.

Formula of these two is different.
Pure Hollywood applies evenly, very opaque and stays put for an extended amount of time. Everything as advertised.


Sad Girl is not a solid creamy color, it has shiny particles. And I think that is the reason why it acted on my lips weird. First of it didn't apply evenly, so I had to come back to certain areas and add a little more lipstick. And finally, after 20 minutes of wear my lips lost some patches of lipstick leaving a horrible looking scene. Well, see for yourself (picture taken in the bathroom with yellow lighting).

Maybe I am doing smth wrong, but I tried it several times, and the result was steadily disappointing. Now that makes me a Sad Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment