Sunday, December 7, 2014

Coastal Scents Black Friday Grab (gift for my dear self)

I am new to many popular US makeup brands as far as you can tell. They were simply not available in Russia, or I never paid attention. That's why it is so much fun for me to try them out now. Coastal Scents was one of them until Black Friday 2014.
They had 50-70% off entire site. Products are already quite cheap regular price, so it was a steal. I did my research on their popular\worth-the-money products and ordered the following products for my personal use:



1. 28 Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I am well aware that this is not their original creation, it is made in China and there are high chances you buy the same thing off E-bay for cheaper, but it was only $9.50 that day. I saved myself the trouble of browsing E-bay and ordered from Coastal Scents.
I read a lot of good reviews on their Revealed2 palette, but I saw a sneak peak for December Boxycharm box and we will be getting this palette in it quite soon.

For the most part the eyeshadows are blendable. Maybe 30% of them are chalky and produce fall outs, but overall it is a very versatile and usable neutral palette. 2nd raw last 2 shadows, 3d raw last shadow impressed me a lot - creamy texture, nice colors. There are also absolutely gorgeous dusty pink and violet shades and several decent crease colors in there.
I did this eye-look using only shadows from this bad boy:

 
 
 
 
 








 
2. Forever Blush
I got myself very universal shades: delicate and romantic ($3.98 a piece)

Delicate
 
Romantic

 












Delicate is a beautiful peachy color with subtle golden shimmer.
Romantic is a mauvy-berry color.
They both are crazzzzzzy pigmented. Just tapping of the excess from your brush is not enough, put some on the back of your hand before applying on the face.
Without setting spray stayed on for about 4 hours, with setting spray - about 8 hours.

They are pretty decent for the price I got them. I would probably not buy them for their full price of $7.95 a piece, though, I'd rather buy a Makeup Geek pan.

3. Camo Quad Color Corrector





















I also got it for $3.98, regular price is $7.95.
This is a very handy quad to have, I used green and yellow so far. It blends well and serves its color neutralizing purpose with grace. Cancelled the red around my nose beautifully. I tried yellow under eyes to cancel purple areas, it was a little cakey, but photographed well (not HD).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment